Saturday, September 13, 2008

Perspectives

During formation, the senior staff train the student leaders about all sorts of things. We discuss everything from the paperwork to fill out if ordering food over $200 to sexual harassment. But the biggest point of discussion is definately diversity. This topic is important for CF's because they are the student leaders in the dorms that the freshman need to feel comfortable coming to with any kind of question or concern. So we've talked a lot about people from different groups and their different perspectives. Everyone is being asked to consider what its like to be different. One of the things in my life that I am most thankful for, but never realized until now is the diversity in my family. Different races, abilities, religeons, sexual orientations, political views, and personalities. I love that I feel a connection with so many groups. That not only do I sympathize for all different kinds of people, but I love them; as my family.

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

Just testing.