Monday, September 17, 2007

Wait... you have to learn at college?

After meeting so many cool people and finding so much fun stuff to do we all comnpletely forgot that we are here to go to school. Today was a huge wake up call. I already have about 50 pages to read by wednesday and an essay due friday. I haven't even gone to my third class yet today. My Christian Tradition class is going to be a lot of fun. I have a group of my firends in there with me and the teacher seems pretty open. On the other hand.... my Biology 21 class.... I almost cried after five minutes. The teacher seems so nice but the class is going to be so tough. She told us that if we highlight while we study we aren't doing our job. Highlighting infers that the unhighlighted things are unimportant and that's just not true in this class because we will be tested on every word of that huge book. Not just the facts either. We will have to know what Metabolism is and then be able to compare the systems of a plant and a beetle conceptually. Boy oh boy am I excited. And so the work begins.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god i love biology. i'm craving to learn something new. i feel stupid. please call me. im alone and depressed and i feel as if my life has diminished into nothing.