Sunday, September 16, 2007

Move in day

Move in day… good times. It was way easier than I thought in every way. We got there and my car door was literally opened for me. By the time I got my keys, volunteers had brought ALL of my things up to my room on the second floor. It was magical:) I waited for my ridiculously awesome roommate, Susan, to get here and then we rearranged furniture and moved in. With our posters, our pictures, our hideous rug, and our plants we had the most interesting room…by far. See the pictures and you’ll understand. Now we are making tshirt curtains. It’s taking awhile but I promise to post pictures once they’re up. My roommate is going to be such a great friend. We’ve already met so many cool people just by keeping our dorm door open. Our room has become the hang out spot real fast. We like it that way:) Night one we ended up at a Frat party. I’ll admit it was my first, but it was everything I expected…a lot of drunk people. I’ve already found two sober buddies to go to parties with and that’s probably the coolest thing I’ve found here so far. We ended up going home pretty early but keeping our door open until about 1 so that everyone could hang out here. All and all day one was amazing. I miss Carrie and everybody but through the internet we’ll all keep in touch. Thank god for technology.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET. i hope my college move in experience is horrible so i have a nice story to tell you.

Mary Wilhelm said...

So I just typed a long a** message and then realized I had to have a google account or a something-or-other account. So now I think I do and will just repeat: great room, great roomie with gorgeous long hair, the set up looks just right and the door open policy will definitely keep people coming over to check in and introduce themselves. You're on a CoEd floor? Can't tell for sure but looks like your bed looks out over some pretty grounds. Anxious to get some more pics to get a better feel for the layout.
Had a good Portland trip with Janet. Typical Seeester activities~driving to see some gorgeous waterfalls, neat little antique town, eat, Janet bought us both a cool pair of sandals, drove a bit more, ate again, and then again. Home and glad to be. Angel on my lap, Jazz in her typical on-her-back-with-legs-straight-up-in-in-the-air-snoring-loudly position. I've a bit of work to do then bed bound early. Your Dad called and left a Mission Accomplished message. Your stuff sure seemed to just fit perfectly in his truck and that was a great opportunity for him to see your digs and the campus. He said it looked like a good fit for you. I agree.
Will see you in a couple'ish weeks. Bobbe, Gary and Janet and I. We'll cut out to Soquel for a weekend if your time permits, and would be a perfect opportunity to see the center for spiritual living place by Soquel.
Gonna sign off for now.
And hey Carrie, I too hope your move in is reprehensible; misery always makes for a much better story than when it goes well...(Knucklehead)
G'Night Spike. Love you so.
Mommy Dearest

Kiwi said...

Hi Morgan -

How exciting! Thanks for creating your blog and making pics available so soon after arrival. I'm glad you had a good trip down ---- how nice that there were people there to move you in. Your room looks great ---- very colorful. How long until you can't see the rug anymore?
Gary and I are looking foward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. We'll "talk" before then to coordinate when we can see you. Would love to meet your room mate also.
Love you lots! Kiwi