Thursday, January 22, 2009

RIP Semester at Sea

Soooo... Santa Clara University, the private, $40,000 a year, Jesuit school in the silicon valley, is having a financial crisis. So, in order to keep our grasses green, our palm trees standing, our Jesuit professors massaged, and our resident's room filled to the brim with free crap like candy and mugs, they are no longer letting scholarships transfer to Semester at Sea. What does that mean for me? Well that means I can't afford to go. Good bye Morocco, good bye big shmancy boat, good bye worldly adventure, fun, education, experience of a life time.
The worst part about it is I was already approved to go, so I've already sent in my application (and $50 app fee), written all my essays, and worked my butt off to get credits and classes to be transferable. This means some day soon I will probably get an acceptance letter to the program I can no longer attend, only pushing the knife in a little deeper into my broken heart.

I should have thought about this new book idea two years ago so by now I wouldn't have to worry about petty things like $10,000.

No comments: