Friday, January 2, 2009

Reasons I still don't drink

I get asked why I don't drink A LOT. So here it is..
1. Every minute of my life is a gift from God and the least I can do to show my thankfulness is to live each moment fully aware and present.
2. I'm all about living up to your potential, and to do that at all times I need to be sober at all times.
3. There is no need. I don't want to escape nor do I need it to have fun.
4. I've only got one physical body and I want to keep it as healthy as I can.
5. The Buddha says that we learn and grow every moment, through every experience, I want to be aware at all times so that I can gain the most from life and continue down the path of enlightenment.
6. Drinking too much is dangerous and when I did drink those four years ago I was never good at not drinking too much.
7. Things like this happen:) http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090101/ap_on_re_us/home_shooting


Is that enough?

No comments: