Sunday, March 16, 2008

Allow me to vent....

Dear average drunk college student,
I wanted to write to let you know how original and cool I think you are. You must feel like a real bad ass doing what every other college student at this whole school is doing. You must really hate your life and your own personality to be willing to throw it away for a few hours to take some funny pictures and do some funny things. I hope your trophies of beer cans will always be mounted in your home. I hope your excuse of just being young won't lead somewhere bad. I want to promise you something drunk college student; I want to promise you that this path you are on, this road your going down, it leads one place and one place only. Tears. Tears for you getting in trouble, tears for you getting hurt, tears for a friend getting in trouble or hurt, tears for the few who don't make it out, or possibly tears from your parents for you not making it out. I hope the stories are worth it, I hope you can look back and laugh it off, I hope that you don't become a statistic. I hope these things, but honestly I'm not holding my breath. I'm the "rule breaker" here. I'm breaking all the social norms of my peers. I'm the one that should be looked at and revered as a "bad ass" because I'm so cool I don't need to get wasted to prove it.

Thanks for not listening,
Girl that doesn't drink

No comments: